Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Make-Up Picture Day

For nearly two weeks now, Lexi has been reminding me that they're having make-up picture day at school. I kept telling her "I know, but you don't need it because your pictures turned out really cute", and then would brush it off......in typical busy mom fashion.

Finally this morning, after probably the 14th day in a row she's reminded me.....I paused and thought about why she was SO aware and interested in make-up picture day. And then it hit me.

I said "Lexi, do you know what 'make-up pictures' are?".

She smiled a crooked smile and shook her head. Right then I knew exactly what she was thinking!

"I seeeeeeee....(me giggling).....Lex, did you think that meant you got to wear MAKE-UP in the pictures?" I said, knowing full well I was right.

She shook her head yes, aware she might be wrong at this point.

I kissed her head and said "You are so cute" and explained to her what 'make-up pictures were.

I think she'll stop reminding me now.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So great- I love these moments and its great that you write them down:)

Eliza2006 said...

what a cute, sweet girl. I would have been all over make-up pictures as a kid!

britt said...

so cute and soo funny!!

Tricia said...

That is really cute! What a clever mom to pick up on it.