Sunday, April 05, 2009

Shopping With Grandma


My mom has been so great lately about having special one-on-one time with my girls. For Jordyn's birthday, she took Jordyn on a special date night. They went to the Osh Kosh outlets...where Jordyn proceeded to pick out lots of spring clothing at 60% off. She picked out really cute stuff! I was surprised, my mom said she was really decisive on what she liked and wanted, and usually she has a hard time making up her mind.

After that they ate dinner at ToGo's. When Jordyn ordered the "Lemon Pepper Tuna Wrap", the employee said "are you sure that's what she wants?". My mom was like....."well, she's 7....she probably knows what she likes?", but wondered what kid orders that! Then she watched Jordyn scarf it down, loving every bite! That's my girl! She even got to wash it down with a double scoop of ice cream!

Next they wandered around Target and Jordyn picked out a really cute purse, with lots of fun dollar-section goods to fill it with. Jordyn and Grandma sat on the floor in the toy section and inspected every fun toy they had! Something a Mom definitely doesn't do! Grandma's are extra special! Jordyn even got to ride on 3 or 4 mechanical quarter rides! What a night!

Thanks, Mom, for such a special night for Jordyn. She will cherish the memory as well as love the cute clothing all year!

3 comments:

Daytrippingmom Media said...

I love that your mom does this with each of her grandkids. What a special day for Jordyn. She is making such wonderful memories with her grandmother.

I had days like this with my grandma and I have such sweet memories of spending one on one time with her shopping and going for walks with her.

By the way -Jordyn has such good taste!! The dresses are beautiful and so is the purse.

britt said...

oh that makes me really miss my parents (as if I didn't already). They started doing the date thing with my kids too, and of course each one of them are in heaven!
I too LOVE the $$ section at target. Sometimes you can find such great things, and other times it is complete junk! You just never know. Ame even likes to save he $$ and visit Target for that very reason. SOmetimes she is even sweet enough to buy something for her brothers :)

Melvin and Carly said...

Wow, what a great grandma!