Sunday, April 05, 2009

Jordyn is 7!


Can someone please help me understand how I have a SEVEN year old? I mean, really! It doesn't seem possible!

This year, we had a big birthday party for Jordyn and we branched out to invite school friends (the first time). This was a really fun age to have a party for her and she was SOOOO excited about every detail and so were her friends. There were 14 kids here total, but that includes her sisters.

High School Musical was the theme, so here is the cake I made her. The picture makes it look lots better than it was. I need a lot more practice with fondant. But it was fun and she loved it!



The girls picked out red & white bows as they came in (and got to take them home). We also had a face-painting station (which was my first time with that...luckily they weren't picky about how it looked!).

Jordyn's birthday is always such a beautiful time of year! It's so fun that the kids are in and out of the house with perfect weather in the 70's. They loved being monkeys all over the swingset!
(Just so we can remember....Here is who was there- From School: Taylor R., Caitlin, Jennifer, Katie, Michale. From church: Kira, Kamree, Lori and Madison. Family: Lexi, Peyton, Lyric, Paxton, Grandma, Lindy, Grandpa (for a bit) and Mom & Dad). Plus, several parents stayed. We had a house full!)


We had a pinata! But it was this strange kind of pinata that you don't hit. You pull ribbon individually out of the bottom until one kid pulls the "trigger" ribbon and releases the candy. So strange! I personally think it's worth the rist to just let 'em bang on it like tradition calls for!


Grandma and the birthday girl!

Grandpa brought Jordyn mini red carnations. She jumped up from opening presents to greet him with a hug.


Present time! The girls were SOOOO into this part. And it was nice because they all politely sat there and watched....in years past, with little kids, there can be lots of tears and "I want that!". (But don't worry, we had plenty of that between siblings AFTER the party!)


Mommy and Jordyn!

The clean-up crew (thanks Lindy!)

It really was a smooth, easy and fun 2 hour party! Happy Birthday Jordyn! I love you so much. You are such a fun, talented and beautiful girl! I'm so glad to be your mommy!

11 comments:

Daytrippingmom Media said...

What a cool party!! The cake looks awesome and I love the bow favors. You always do such a great job with your parties and cakes.

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Forgot to add - Happy Birthday Jordyn!! She is such a cutie!!

Unknown said...

What a good mom you are! I was thinking of you on Sat. Cooper went to a b-day party but the parents were sure to make it 12:30 to 1:45 so as not to interrupt conference! I was thinking you probably didn't have to deal with that HA. Also- it snowed and rained here all day. I am so jealous of your weather. Tell Jordyn Happy Birthday from all of us. I remember the day of her birth VERY well.

britt said...

you did a fabulous job with that party and the cake too. Fondant cakes are somewhat hard, and then they don't even taste as good. Looks like they had a blast, and 14 girls, wow, that is a house full!
You can still hit those pinata's with the pull string, quinn's family has done that. It is a wierd concept, and takes away all the fun!
Happy bday Jordyn. It is soo hard to beleive we have girls that old isn't it?!

Katie said...

I still remember having her birth announcement on my refrigerator, which was a little strange because she was due to be born about the same time as my nephew...months later. But she sure has grown into a beautiful girl, with her own grown-up-girl personality. Happy birthday Jordyn!

Beth said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JORDYN!!! I agree it is hard for the mind to comprehend that they are getting so old. I remember like yesterday watching your mom walk Jordyn down the church halls trying to get her to walk on her own. Now she is all grown up! Looks like a really fun party. Lindsay would have loved to be there!

*Jessica* said...

Happy Birthday Jordan, she is to beautiful,. I love the cake, isn't it nice when things run smoothly for something that could go either way. I am very enviest of your weather as well, and having a grandma close.

Global Girl said...

Fun! Happy birthday, Jordyn!

Janessa Couch said...

Your cake is adorable. My husband is into making cakes right now. He is going to make Lindsay's birthday cake and an easter cake. What recipe do you use for your fondant, or do you buy it pre made? We used a marshmellow fondant on the last one and it was quite good.

Chris Grover said...

i mean, really, did jordyn think she had died and gone to heaven?! what a perfectly fun party!! probably lots of effort, i'm sure, but so worth it when you see how happy she must have been! and jamie, you've got to stop making such incredible cakes -- or you're going to have to open a cake shop in your kitchen! amazing, as always! and no, i really can't believe you have a SEVEN year old! oh my gosh!!

K Western said...

Happy Birthday Jordyn!! Ashlyn read the blog and was sad she wasn't there for the fun birthday party. Very cute cake! I wish I could do just as half as good as you do. I hope Jordyn had a wonderful day!