Thursday, April 23, 2009

NKOTB

What a fun "girl's night out" I had last week! My friend of 20+ years, Melinda, came down from the Bay Area to go to the New Kids on the Block concert with me! She was with me when I went last October, and we thought it was a great reason to get together again!

Of course the concert was perfect....loved the music and nostalgia that flows through at a concert like that. Totally reminiscent of days and feelings gone by. But it was even MORE fun to have hours and hours of chatting and connecting time with such a dear friend.

Thanks Melinda!!!! I loved it!!!



While at the concert, we were nearby some other friends from our hometown (who had really posh seats in a suite!) and so we got to reunite for a bit. The funny thing is that in this picture, there are four of us (Shana is the only one missing) who formed a group back in Jr. High to practice a number for the school talent show. We planned to perform "Cover Boy" (with our own revised lyrics to the NKOTB's song Cover Girl". So we gathered our outfits, practiced our dance and my mom even took us to a recording studio to professionally record it! For some reason, we never actually ended up doing the performance, but the memory lives on!

(Rachel, Melinda, Paula, Me and Krista.....Paula was the only one who wasn't involved in "CoverGirl" memory!)

4 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

It must have been a wonderful concert for you to go twice. I would love to meet up with some of my high school friends for a girls night out.

Here is the recipe that we use for our fondant. Scroll down until it says, "Marshmellow Fondant." We have never used the bought stuff so we can't compare it to anything. Have fun. I have no idea how he whipped up that cake like nothing. He is now getting requests to make cakes, we just need to find a good recipe for the actual cake and frosting inside, boxed mixes just dont do the job. :)

Janessa Couch said...

Sorry, link would be helpful.

http://whatscookingamerica.net/PegW/Fondant.htm

britt said...

looks like a fun reunion. Everyone looks so different, yet the same, and still fantastic! I am really liking your hair as it gets longer!
You look great :)

Tara said...

What a fun GNO! and Britt is right, your hair looks fantastic. And you look skinnier (is that possible?) Beautiful as always Jay! Call me sometime when you get a chance, I'm planning my June trip to Stockton. love you!