Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Alyson's Baptism

Our main point for this trip was to go to my niece Alyson's baptism. I'm so glad we were able to be there for her special day. She is such a sweet young lady, and such a special cousin to my girls. I can't believe she's 8!

We were all a bit nervous, anticipating the tension that could potentially be there with such an odd mix of guests (not always predictable when you have ex-husband's around with their families!). But it was actually beautiful, peaceful, and filled with the Spirit. Here are a few pics of the special day.

On the car ride over....poor Alyson was SOOOO nervous! I told her it was just butterflies and she'd feel way better after she was baptized. She came out of the water and soon said "I feel so much better!".






With their permission, I wanted to get this picture of Alyson with Carly, Nicole and Cameron - which is obviously a rare photo to capture. But of all my pics, it was the only one that turned out blurry!!


We love you Alyson Joy!!!!

4 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

Very cute girl! Glad you were able to make it for her baptism.

Tara said...

What a wonderful trip! The best reason for a quick visit! I'm sad we missed it, and seeing you, but I'm sure we will catch up sometime this year. :) Everyone is growing so fast, before you know it, Jordyn will be in white. (Jade is going to Girls Camp this year! talk about time flying!)

Janessa Couch said...

That is so sweet that you went down for her special day. I love the pictures that you took, what great memories.

K Western said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful and a busy trip to Utah! It's cute to see how grown up Alyson is. I remember her when she was just a couple of months old when we moved to CA.

That's so fun you got to spend time with the Thurston's!!

Sad we missed meeting up in Cedar. Three days later, my cell phone bleeped and said I had two new messages.....from you. Ugh! A little late. Rich also had problems reaching me, so my phone must have been having a hard time in Southern Utah. I was really sad we missed you guys. We would've loved to see your family!!