Saturday, January 31, 2009

Happy Chinese New Year

We took the whole class to Chinese Pagoda this week for lunch. We have been learning about Chinese New Year, and so we joined two other classes on a long walk (maybe 1 1/2 miles round trip) to the local Chinese restaurant.

The walk was really nice because the weather was in the high 50's and sunny. Beautiful! I probably said "Where's your partner? Hurry up! Walk a little bit faster honey! Watch where you're walking!" at least 25 times each. Ahhh, the attention span of a six year old! :-)

It was extra fun because Jordyn's class went too! So I got to be with her.


Here's Mrs. Garza and myself. My new buddy! You get to know someone fairly quickly when you spend 8 hours a day with them!
Me and all 20 kids. I really like them.
Me and Jordyn.
And for kicks, a shot of me playing teacher!

Gong Hay Fat Choy! (Happy New Year!)

4 comments:

Allan and Diane said...

Looks like a fun field trip. How did you pay for lunch out for 40 kids?? Love your bulletin board--looks so familiar and does attest that creative and motivational thinking is being inspired. Way to go girl. And oh, ease up on yourself. It takes years to find your "mold" and feel comfortable in it.

Daytrippingmom Media said...

I love reading about all of your teaching experiences.You are already a great teacher. Thanks for sharing with us :)

britt said...

my mom is right...go easy on yourself! You are just getting your feet wet. Even having 5 years experience, I still felt like a newby. I KNOW YOU though and know what an awesome person you are, and can only imagine what a fabulous teacher you are too! And yes, how did you pay for THAT kind of fieldtrip?? Looked fun though!

Melvin and Carly said...

Ah, the Chinese Pagoda. We went there with the Webers and Beys on our very first day in town after they helped us move in. Fun.

Your previous post was eye-opening for me, not yet having a kid in school. It must be so hard to have to work within such strict parameters. You're doing a great job!