Sunday, January 04, 2009

Christmas Eve With The Maxfields

So, Christmas Eve with the Maxfield side of the family is always big and fun. There were 15 cousins, 5 siblings and 5 spouses, plus Mom & Dad. Jeannine puts together a beautiful table setting and dinner. She makes it look like an art form, so perfectly timed and done with love for the tradition. I know it's not always easy, but she helps to cultivate so many memories for all of us.

Here's the cook, my mother-in-law Jeannine!

Greg, Maren with Brock (2) and Jaden (9)

(Cousins Jaden and Emmi)


(Mindy & Jeff, Lynda Ann and Jeff)

(The "kids table")

(Cousins River-2 and Peyton-2)

(Tucker with his Mom and Dad)

(Two of my sister-in-laws, Lynda Ann, Me and Mindy)


(My sister-in-law Lyndsy, my niece Maddie and my sister Carly)


So get this....Jeannine actually sewed FIFTEEN pairs of pajamas with matching QUILTS!!! And she does the jammies every Christmas. What a fun tradition (and amazing!).


An aerial view of the aftermath!


For Christmas this year, I asked all the family to write a letter to Jeannine telling them how much we love her. I compiled it into a photobook for her. She loved it. Even though it was a challenge to get everyone to sit down and actually do it, we're all glad we did and it was totally worth it!

It was fun to have Carly and Alyson spend Christmas Eve with us too.


Tucker and his Dad think alike! They both got eachother Utes shirts.

Thanks for another great evening, Neal and Jeannine! We love you guys.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Good times! Love the PJ's! (you need to send me pictures of the quilts! And that is a hoot about Tucker and his dad. Great minds think alike for sure! :)

Unknown said...

I know what it is like to do books like that- it is like pulling teeth. I don't know how I did three in one year