Wednesday, January 21, 2009

PeyPey's School



For about a year now, my 27 month old has been obsessed with her sisters being at school. This causes the constant question "Lexi at school?".....or the similar statement of "JoJo at school Mommy".

Finally, the time came for PeyPey's "school"!

Today, for the first time, Peyton went to a morning daycare.

And guess what? She lived!

Because Tucker is currently able to work on a business venture from home, she gets to spend a lot of time with Daddy in my new-found life of working 45 hours per week. (On a selfish note, my time without my Peyton still feels a little like life without Oxygen).

But she also gets a day with Lindy, Lyric and Paxton (thank you!) and an afternoon with Grandma (thank you!) and two mornings a week with daycare - which will be permanently referred to as "Peypey's school", because what else would a third daughter want to be, than like her older sisters?

I think it's all working out. I am a version of tired that I don't know if I've ever been in my life. And I have to add the occasional Crystal Light Energy On-the-Go mix to my bottle of water....but it's working. Somehow, it's working.

Especially because I get to be entertained by six year olds all day long. Like the one who kept referring to "white people" (we are learning ALL about Martin Luther King Jr right now) as "peach people" (like the crayon color, ha ha ha ha). Or like the one who announced in front of the class that "Brandon said I can't say God. He said it's a bad word. It's not a bad word!!"....which turned into quite a huge class discussion that I had to decline my own opinion on and use my talent of distraction (I don't want a note sent to me from a parent on week two on the job!).

Ahhh. I had better get to bed. It's well after 9:30. Way to late for (the new) me. (did I really just say that?).

8 comments:

K Western said...

Peyton looks so cute! Such a big girl, going to her own "school." I'm so glad to hear that it's all working out. And I can't believe you now go to bed at 9:30!! Such a new you!

britt said...

well it sounds like things might be finding some structure and normality? At least it all seems to be working, from MY perspecitve.
Of course that may not be how you are feeling, but does it feel any easier?????
Yes 9:30 does take on a whole new meaning for a working mom!

Chris Grover said...

as much as it must KILL you to not have that time with Pey, what a blessing to have such good help! and how fun for her to go to her own school! i'm tired for you, jamie, but so proud of you too! think about all the fun quotes you are going to have when this experience is over!

Eliza2006 said...

I can relate to the tired feeling. I;m dying and finding it hard to believe I have to go back 2 work in 2 weeks.

Beth said...

That almost made me cry to see pey at that cute little school. if we were there i would sign up lukey friend just to keep her company.

Beth said...

oh and luke talkes about pey-pey everyday still!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Peyton is so darn adorable!! She is too cute. I'm glad to hear that she is liking her school and that she has such great people taking care of.

Oh man can I relate to the exhaustion. I'm tired all the time- It's the double exhaustion from being a mom and working. :) Take care and you really are doing such a good job:)

Tara said...

Oh my gosh, I just want to hug and kiss her!!! She looks adorable and such a big girl! I can't wait for Eddie to go to pre-school, neither can he. He walks out the door every morning with one of Josh's old Challenger bags from last year. I think it's wonderful she has her own "school" to go to now. You are amazing, I know you don't feel like it, but you are. I love you and I'm thinking about you!

*and thank you for the sweet note, it meant a lot!