Sunday, April 30, 2006

A Few Thoughts...

1 - My laptop is dying - having all sorts of probs. I haven't been online much because of this. I don't want it to die yet! We've had it 3 1/2 years, but have used it SO much. Yet another expense...

2 - Today is my birthday. I'm 29. Not a big deal and I don't have any issues w/turning 29, but it is starting to sound older than I feel. Or...maybe a better way to describe it is that I don't really feel any certain age (if that makes sense). I just feel like me! It is a little strange, though, to turn 29 because I remember my mom being 29. I think that was the first age I connected she even HAD an age! I was 6 or 7.

3 - Lexi has perfected the art of climbing out of her crib. This is a sad thing for us. It means that she gets out like 5 times a night before falling asleep. And she is getting up about 1 1/2 hours earlier in the morning because she CAN! Guess she's ready for a big girl bed, huh?

4 - My grandma (mom's mom) had a really hard week. She's been in the hospital and had some cognitive and physical traumas recently. My mom has been down in Anaheim at her side. It's very hard to see someone who has been a pillar of strength my whole life become so weak and needy. She is actually doing a little better now and is home, but is still very fragile.

5 - I am starting to have better parts of the day (nausea-wise), but definitely NOT whole days. The nausea just a nagging, lingering feeling that I am obviously getting sick of. I know pregnancy cravings are normal, but it is so strange that the past week that I have craved: Orange Juice (which I NEVER drink because one sip usually gives me heartburn...the past few days I've drank a half gallon per day!!!) and Spaghetti (which, again, I eat MAYBE once per year. One of my least fav meals usually). So wierd! (I'm a little embarrased to post this pic of me, but I thought some of you may get a kick out of my budding belly).

Better go...kids are hysterical and need to go to bed. More later. :-)

4 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

Awwww, that's such a cute pic! Happy B-day!

Tiffany

Unknown said...

You look great! So sorry to hear about grandma- it is hard to watch that happen. I love you

Chris Grover said...

Happy birthday! And that LITTLE bulge is looking mighty cute!

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday! You are looking great.