Monday, April 17, 2006

Our Easter

We had a nice Easter Sunday yesterday, spent with my family. My fam is big into BBQ, so we had steaks with all the works. Unfortunately we weren't great picture takers (no pics in their cute dresses) but I'll post a few we did get!


Coloring eggs at our house

These two pics (above and below) are of our 2nd Annual Easter Egg Smashing Contest (an idea we stole from the Maxfield side!). It's done tournament style. Two people at a time smash the ends of their boiled egg together...one side will always break, but there is no rhyme or reason as to which one. So in the end, there is one person with a non-cracked side (after LOTS of smashing) and they are the winner. It's fun! Congrats to Lindy for a big win!

Jordyn didn't quite get the concept...she would cry when her egg DIDN'T crack! :-)


3 comments:

Carlotta said...

I love that jordyn was SO upset when her egg didn't crack!! she is so funny

Unknown said...

Fun tradition!

Chris Grover said...

I LOVE that idea! I've never heard of that! Happy Easter to you guys and I'm glad you were able to spend the day with your family! Makes the holidays so much more meaningful!