Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Help From Mom

_DSC1740

The other morning I was overwhelmed.  On top of normal life, I had a few extra pressing issues: 

-my paper that was due THAT day, had somehow not been saved so I had lost 4 hours worth of work and was supposed to leave in three hours for school (I didn’t think that still happened in the year 2011)

-my cat had a huge abscess above his eye that looked horrible

-Peyton had been sick for a few days and was STILL sick and had kept me up most the night

-It was spring break and all the kids were home

-and I was supposed to leave all of this to go to San Francisco for class

 

So I called my mom to get some clarity.  And she agreed that the cat could wait till tomorrow, she could come get the kids early so I could cram on my paper for the second time and still try to leave for San Francisco BY 12:30 to barely make it to class.  I was slightly relieved.


So, in true-to-my-mom form, she shows up just a bit later to not only get the girls, but with a bag of food in hand for me…mexican caserole, strawberries, and peanut butter captain crunch version of rice krispies.  I was SO grateful.  I was able to finish my paper JUST in time to throw on a hat and run out the door.  And I had lunch to take with me!

 

I am so thankful for this sort of selfless giving my mom has shown me (and many others) my whole life.  And the support from her and my dad during this Master’s program has made a 1,000% difference and made it WAY more do-able for me and definitely fun for the girls.  So thanks a million guys!!!!!

1 comment:

MeQueen5 said...

It's my pleasure to be a part of my kids and grand kids lives. I love every minute of it.