Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Dance!

(I just realized I never published this post!  Or at least I don’t think I did?  I tried to find it and couldn’t, but it was saved in my “drafts”)

Jordyn and Lexi are in their first year of competition dance team.  They have danced for years, just taking one class per week and doing their annual recital.  But this year we did the entry level competition team.  It’s not too high maintenance, but has given them much more detailed instruction and REALLY shown them how to dance, not just tap their toes to a rhythm.  I have to say…they are good!  Better than I had expected.  It’s been really fun to see them love it so much.  They are on the same age-group team this year and so they practice their dance a lot at home.  Our first competition was in April and our second is this coming weekend. 

 

They have worked hard and been very dedicated students for their teachers (Ms Jessica, Michelle and Rachelle).  They take Jazz, Ballet and Progressions (focuses on turns & jumps).  Peyton is still happy in her little tap/ballet/jazz combo class…not a competition team.


Here are the pics from their first competition….

 

_DSC1181 _DSC1183 _DSC1184 _DSC1186 _DSC1188 _DSC1194 _DSC1195 _DSC1198 _DSC1205 _DSC1213 _DSC1215 _DSC1216 _DSC1221 _DSC1222 _DSC1228 _DSC1243 _DSC1246

2 comments:

MeQueen5 said...

I am so proud of those dancing darlings.

K Western said...

Congrats to them! That's so neat they are doing so well in dance!