Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

I always feel a bit of relief when we don’t have to travel for the Holidays.  As much as I love our family in Utah, it is so incredibly stressful to leave.  Worth it, but stressful to say the least.  So we were able to enjoy a relaxing day at my Mom and Dad’s house this year for Thanksgiving.  My mom and dad made every single thing and did a perfect job (well, except for the Turkey finishing an hour after everything else…poor Dad worked so hard on that!).  I asked my mom how long I’ll get to be the lazy daughter because they orchestrated the entire meal so beautifully.  She said until they are too old to cook.  So hopefully I have a LOT more years ;-)

 

I brought a little craft for the kids.  They made these cute apple-turkeys.

 

_DSC0002  _DSC0003 _DSC0007 _DSC0009 _DSC0010 _DSC0011 _DSC0012 _DSC0013

Uncle Ryan isn’t around too terribly much.  But he hung around for part of the day.  He sure loves his little nieces and nephew.  Here he is with baby Kylee.

_DSC0014 _DSC0016

 

I was gonna make rolls…and then we realize Rhodes sounded lots easier and still yummy.  They look so pretty!

_DSC0019 

 

The hostess/host and chefs!  Cute picture.  They shared a special bond this year when they both accidentally burned their hands on the same exact pan within about 30 minutes of each other.  Ouch!

_DSC0020

 

Lindy got the opportunity to pull out another tooth.  Lyric lost her second front tooth so she is toothless this year…just like Lexi was the year before…and Jordyn was the year before that! So cute.

_DSC0021

 

Yummy candied yams.  Totally satisfy my need for dessert (but don’t be fooled, I still fit in lots of dessert!)

_DSC0023

Baby Kylee with her “My 1st Thanksgiving” Bib.  Such a sweet girl.  Hard for me to believe she is almost 6 months old!

_DSC0026

 

Paxton and Peyton…engaged deeply in some sort of conversation.  These two have their own little dynamic.  Almost like twins.

_DSC0029 

 

And of course…what would Thanksgiving be without some cupcakes, right? :-)   Lexi got birthday cupcakes for all to decorate.

_DSC0034 _DSC0036

 

Kylee with her “cousin” Bernice.

_DSC0069 

 

Jordyn put on a show for us all.  She and Lyric did a little play that Tucker helped Jordyn write.  She loved performing for us all. 

_DSC0072 

 

Her audience…and after that, we all passed around a microphone and shared what we were thankful for this Thanksgiving.

_DSC0076 

 

Pey Pey with Grandma :-)

_DSC0082 

 

I like this picture

_DSC0104

 

Tucker’s eyes are bulging at his huge delicious plate of food!

DSC01660 

 

I feel blessed to have yet another Thanksgiving go by that I was able to spend with my loved ones.

3 comments:

MeQueen5 said...

Boy does it sure help to have an "official" photographer in the family! The pics are fabulous Jay!
Was such a fun and easy Thanksgiving.
It just gets better every year!

Unknown said...

looks fun and yummy! I love the craft idea you did. I also love that Jordyn did a play- so cute and that Lyric would let Lindy pull her tooth out. My kids would die first- that is why Savannah has had 5 teeth pulled by the dentist!

Carly said...

Did mom make the stuffing? She has always made the best stuffing, nobody else makes it life her. Every year as I experience another adventure at Thanksgiving I try to picture that I am eating her stuffing and it just doesn't work. Nobody seems to know how to make it. And the mash potatoes, they are the best. Boy my mouth is watering.

I can't believe how big the kids are getting. Hope to be able to see them soon.