Friday, November 12, 2010

Dad Turns 58!

_DSC0299

Today was a great day.  The weather was beautiful and the kids had no school since it was Veteran’s Day.  We went out to breakfast downtown at a Swedish Bakery.  Then later on, had a birthday party for my Dad.  My Dad has never liked the spotlight and so birthday’s aren’t his favorite thing.  But when you have grandkids…things change!  It’s an all-out party according to them!  And it makes it more fun to celebrate whole heartedly.  So my mom decorated and made a yummy dinner of tacos, asparagus, corn on the cob and then got an ice cream cake and I had the Swedish Bakery make a Lemon Meringue Pie (Dad’s favorite).  It was a fun evening and I enjoyed the hang-out time.  I never get to be there on Monday’s when it’s “grandparents day” (unofficially) since am in San Francisco, so it was fun to actually be there.

 

Happy Birthday Dad/Grandpa!  We love you!

 

_DSC0001

_DSC0005 _DSC0008

_DSC0014

  _DSC0307 _DSC0319 _DSC0320 _DSC0333 _DSC0339 _DSC0345 _DSC0347 _DSC0350

2 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

I want to print a copy of the cake picture. Have you taken a close look at Lindy and Mike in the background. Makes me laugh! LOL!

Jeannine and Neal said...

Tell your dad Happy Birthday from Neal and Jeannine!