Sunday, December 06, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

-----------PRE- Turkey Day 2009 ----------

It felt extra crrrrrazy this year to get ready to go to UT. I found myself chanting my normal "Tucker, I really don't think it's possible to go this year" or "I really think we might have to cancel" and the like. Luckily, I've come to realize that - no matter what the circumstances - it ALWAYS feels stressful and hard to pack and go to UT. No matter what. It takes a level of energy and organization that I do not possess. Thank heavens my mom instilled in me a deep need to "make memories" because that's always what stops me from actually canceling the trips! I always know that the memories far outweigh the stress I'd save by NOT going. Plus, once we're packed (laundry done, house decent, church tasks delegated, animals taken care of, car packed, etc) and on the road, I can breath and enjoy myself.

This was a really quick trip to UT, but we managed to swing out of our way to see the Thurstons in Manti. It's about an hour-ish total out of our way, and we hadn't done it for a long time. So we swung through and had some too-short family fun on their FARM!


all four of these kids are taking piano and loved showing eachother their skills! And since it was Lexi's "real" birthday, Beth was kind enough to make her a pink cake!



Luke and Peyton are three weeks apart and got along beautifully (much to our surprise). I love pics of all of the kids together and makes me ache for the "olden days" when it was like this ALL the time!


The Thurstons really do have a little farm with fresh eggs to pick and lambs to feed! Dane has some amazing natural workmanship and has built some amazing things: a fancy chicken coup, play house, huge garden, and more!



Dane, Beth, Me and Tucker..............and little Pey Pey feeding the lambs.



Dane built this awesome swing out back that we all love to take turns on every time we come!


Thanks you guys for the fun visit! Way too few and far between!



-----------THANKSGIVING DAY 2009 ----------

Our tradition with Tucker's family is to go bowling the morning of Thanksgiving. It's a fun tradition and definitely requires lots of preparation on the part of the mother! We go bowling at 10, get home at 12:30 or so and eat at 1:00! This means she has everything ready by Thurs morning! It's quite impressive how she orchestrates it all!

(Neal, Maren who is prego w/#4, Pey, Tucker, Jeannine and new-dark-haired Lyndsy)


Pey loves to bowl!.......................Jordyn with cousins Taylor and Abby


Pey with her cousin Brock (aka Broccoli thanks to Tucker)......River and Lyndsy


Lynda Ann and Jeff.....................................and the "old ones" Maddie (12) and Emmi (13)



We were so happy that Carly and Alyson were able to spend Thanksgiving day with us! Jordyn & Alyson have such a blast together.....(& I can never get both Carly's eyes fully open in a pic!)


Cousins Lexi & Alyson with their cute glasses....and cousins Hayley & Lexi with no front teeth!


Jeannine and Neal carving the turkey......and the rolls that last .5 seconds once they're done!



The long and beautiful adult table.............as well as the kid table.


Just getting started! Yummmm! And then we had a flute concert by Ms. Mallory!


2 comments:

britt said...

I am always impressed at how good you guys are to MAKE family time and memories. I wish we were better at that (it is more quinn than me, that doesn't travel to far from home)! Glad you had such a fun time :)

Beth said...

Thank you for taking the time to come see us. Hanging out with you guys and watching the kids have fun is always memorable to us!