Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Eve With the Blascos

Sunday afternoon before Christmas, we had some fun festivities at my parents' house. They made a delicious dinner - a "standing prime rib" roast, stuffing, sweet potatoes, vinegar salad, homemade mashed potatoes and rolls! And I brought dessert of my famous sugar cookies (funny thing...I brought 50 cookies and they disappeared really fast....later that night my kids said "Mom, we didn't get any cookies!". So the adults devoured them all!). It was all delicious! (Bernice was even decked out in her black dress!)



After dinner, we pulled out the gingerbread houses. My mom had found these wonderful pre-built kits and she also bought like 20 lbs more of candy! Each kid had their own house and their own bread pan FULL of candy to decorate with! She also made homemade frosting that was much easier to spread than the glue kind the kits come with. They were in heaven being creative with all that candy! Mike and Lyric totally rocked with their design. Jordyn wanted to do her own thing....and Lexi wanted to do it EXACTLY like the box showed. Peyton and Paxton were....well, they did what 2 and 3 year olds do.









After putting on the kids' matching jammies from my Grandma and Grandpa, we did the line up of presents. My mom researched a ton and wanted fun, different presents. Not just barbies and toys. So she settled on some stilts, which are really fun/funny. And a sort of jump rope type game (see Lexi's pic of her trying it). They also got beautiful kites!


a




We did a few other gift exchanges. Unfortunately there were only two of the five kids in attendance, so Lindy and I exchanged gifts for our families. Lindy got Tucker and I an awesome basket with treats, including movie tickets and a Red Lobster gift card! She also got the girls "I LOVE DANCE" bags with cute Hello Kitty treats inside. Very fun.

Thanks to Mom and Dad for all the work, thought and preparation you put into a fun Christmas family evening! We had a great time!

3 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

Sounds like lots of fun! Sometimes I wish only 2 adult kids in my family would show up to functions...stress free! Lindy's baby bump is way cute!

britt said...

your mom is soo organized and creative, from the pj's to the gingerbread houses to the gifts. What fun!
ps I am liking you hair (not that I didn't b4), its just so long and pretty. How do you curl it?

K Western said...

What fun! Tell your mom the pj's look so cute.