Saturday, December 05, 2009

Don't Grow Up Pey Pey!

In so many ways, I don't want my youngest to be three years old, and am fighting accepting it. I mean, I DO want her to get totally past the tantrum stage. But not the cuteness of the three and under crowd! I always tell her she has to stay little. Here are just four of the MANY Pey-isms I want to remember:

1) She has a deep obsession for slug-bugs. We play the slug bug game (minus the punching), she never misses one and usually calls them out before her sisters. But my favorite part is HOW she says the word. Sort of like "SLUGH bug", really fast and slurred together. I love it.

2) For about 8 months, we have not driven over a single solitary set of train tracks without her yelling "Hands up, feet up"! Tucker taught her that one time and it really cemented in her brain. I usually only lift one hand and she never fails to ask "Mommy, why did you only put one hand up?". My answer is usually "I was driving with the other one Pey". Or, if anyone doesn't put their hands up she says "You missed it! Mommy, why did you miss hands up feet up?".

3) Peyton says "Corndy Can" for Candy Cane. Ha ha ha. It's SO funny. It's a strange confusion between Candy corn and Candy cane. Makes me laugh every time.

4) She somehow thinks that "Lucky" is a bad and mean word. So when she's mad she yells (usually at her sisters) "You're LUCKY, LUCKY, LUCKY!". And me and the girls usually exchange side smirks and don't really correct her because it sounds like a nice-mean remark! LOL


2 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

Love the Pey-isms. Slug bugs are big in our family also and I have to say that I HATE it! They fight over who saw the first one and it never ends. I will have to teach them the train track game so they will get rid of the slug bug one.

Jamie and Family said...

That is so funny Janessa. we have the SAME drama! Who got it first?? Oh my gosh, it can get bad!