Sunday, February 15, 2009

Lexi's Special Day With Grandma

Seems like we hardly get to see my mom, even though we live in the same town. As the girls lives get busier with school and extracurricular activities....our lives become much more structured.

Anyway, she recently had a "special day" with Jordyn and Lexi (separately). They absolutely love one-on-one time with Grandma and think it is better than Disneyland or anything else. My mom took each of the girls to see "Hotel for Dogs" at the theatre. Which, they don't understand, is a miracle since I've beent to the theatre maybe once or twice with her in my 31 years!!! How fun is that to have popcorn and candy and your grandma all to yourself at the movies?

Sadly, I didn't get a pic of Jordyn on her special grandma day. On Lexi's special day, she got to do what she does best....shop! Lexi is the funniest little girl. She is a total fashionista. She knows exactly what she likes and how she likes it. She has an eye for clothing and made it hard for Grandma to say no! So she came home with some cute dresses and tons of matching headbands. Even though it's winter, she has worn these sundresses every day since then (even slept in them several times)

Lexi told me "I was shy when I first got to Grandma's, but then I got used to it". She was glowing when she got home and told me every single part of their day, conversation and how she felt.

Thanks Mom for making such special memories for my girls! Absolutely priceless!

3 comments:

Tabitha said...

That is really cute!

Unknown said...

That is one thing your mom is really amazing at- she is a wonderful grandma. I wish my kids could experience that more with my mom. That is really special:)

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Your mom is making such beautiful memories with the girls:) I think it's so special that she takes each one and does something that they like to do.:)