Sunday, July 27, 2014

Summer Fun Continues

We all went to the airport to say goodbye to Alyson. This year she only stayed one week. Which is extremely short for her. It went by so fast! First we stopped at in and out to eat, and then we headed to the airport. Her flight was delayed two hours so we got to hang out extra long.







The next day, Lindy and I wanted to go eat in Fresno at the Doghouse Grill. We decided to take the three older girls on a date with us. After dinner, we hung out at Michael's for quite a while. They were in heaven! They could have stayed there all day long! Then, we got frozen yogurt at Mickey's which has the best white chocolate yogurt in the world.

In between hanging out, I am trying to stay on top of my clients. I have a few college students who are starting school soon and so there is pressure to make sure they are ready to find their classes and start school confidently! One of them has a 45 mile trek that she has to take several buses just to get to campus. We spent six hours together last week! She is very brave. She has not one bit of vision and she is determined.


Jordyn is so good with Kylee!

When I found out that one of the girls at Trinkets is sort of stealing my ideas and making signs like mine for a local show, it made me remotivated to go buy a bunch of wood and not let her show me up!


Mom doing her therapeutic crocheting with the two little sidekicks, Bernice and Rylee.


Jordyn was so patient with Kylee and finally encouraged her to jump in from the side. She has been hesitant to try it.

There is never a shortage of food at grandmas house! Lots of fruit, snacks and on this particular night, there was barbecued drumsticks.



Oh, and ice cream. There can be anywhere from 2 to 10 1/2 gallons of ice cream in the freezer at any given time!

Paxton and grandpa hanging out watching some TV.

Last week, Lindy and I took the kids to roller town. They were there a couple of hours. Some of them, like Peyton, skate very well. Others, like Paxton, have never skated before. I was very proud of their determination!






Then, Panera bread and Big Kahuna's frozen yogurt afterward. It was so hot taking this picture with these chairs, I thought we were going to spontaneously combust.


Kylie hangs very well with the big kids! She loves to play Just Dance or Mariokart on the Wii with them.

Kylee was so excited to have a sleepover at my house! She did not sleep on the top bunk, but she wanted to pose for a picture.

She sure loves these dogs!

She got up nice and early at 6:40, nobody else wanted to be up that early in the summer. But the dogs were sure happy to hang out with her!

I was so incredibly proud of Jordyn. She gave her first talk last Sunday. She was nervous at the thought of it, but she prepared by herself (with a little bit of help from Tucker... she didn't want my help). So when she stood up there to give her talk, I had never heard any of it. I was blown away. It was smooth, made sense, she was confident... you almost would think she was a professional speaker. I was very proud of her!

Paxton and Peyton crack me up. We caught this picture one night before we went to bed.

I came home from work the other day and the house stunk so horribly. Apparently Jordyn had put this plastic cover on top of the popcorn bag and it melted. The smell lingered forever.

Tucker went on a long bike ride the other night. This is normal, and he can be gone a couple of hours. He often bikes 30 miles. Well, he texted me from his bike ride, and said it had been a bad night. He had two flat tires, plus it was so disgustingly hot. He texted me when he was heading home. I was at home waiting with Pax and Peyton because they wanted to see him before they went to bed. After it had been a while, I got a call from him and all he calmly asked was if I would tell him our insurance information. He then explained that he got in a car accident. He seemed so calm, but as he explained it, I got more scared. I think he was in shock. It was one of those accidents that was one millisecond away from horrific. He pulled out in front of a guy on an uncontrolled Road, because he did not see them coming. The man could have T-boned him into his driver's door. Instead, he swerved last minute and smashed into the front of the car. Somehow, no one was hurt. But it so badly could've been worse. As I drove up to the accident scene to pick him up, I got the most horrific feelings. I am so very traumatized by Ryan's accident and it was almost too much for me to bear seeing the police and the tow trucks and being on a dark country road. At this point, the car is most likely totaled but we are still waiting to hear. I am just thankful everyone was okay.


Tucker likes to take Pax and Peyton on bike rides in our neighborhood. They love it!

No comments: