Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Tuesdays and Thursday MEMORIES


The girls and I are so lucky because every Tuesday and Thursday after school they get to go to my mom and dad's house. They have such awesome grandparents. They get amazing healthy and yummy meals, they get one-on-one help with their homework, and they get lots of special attention. This has been so helpful so I can see my clients in the afternoons a couple days a week. 
(This picture is when my dad read with Jordyn for about four hours straight so she could finish an AR book in time for the trimester to end. Jordyn's big struggle is completing her reading goals, and grandpa is so incredibly nice to help her with this!!)

I love to pick them up and hear all the stories. Random things like funny movies they have watch, poems they have learned, or family stories they have heard.  I really need to capture more of these special days on video or pictures but I snapped this one on the way out the door the other day and it captures the essence pretty well! I love it, and every day I feel thankful for such a blessing. It is these sorts of experiences that help shape who children become. Grandparents can be such a huge role in children's lives, and big role models. Our children are very blessed to have four amazing grandparents!

P.S. I love Jordyn's face in the first picture. She is holding a cardboard crown that she and grandpa worked on for part of her school's open house project. It was a prototype, and I love it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is seriously the most amazing gift. I would have given anything to spend time like this with my grandparents and i know you would have too. What a blessing. Your parents are so wonderful too. I can only imagine the fun they have!