Monday, March 17, 2014

Leprechauns



I'm not sure exactly what started Peyton's deep interest in the leprechauns, but as St. Patrick's Day approached she kept talking about all the things leprechauns do. She was looking forward to her classroom being messed up, as happened last year in kindergarten. She thought maybe the chairs to be tipped over or something silly. Sadly, she has a long-term sub who is like 75 and very much in the retired mode. So she didn't get anything fun at school. 

Anyway, to back up, the night before St. Patrick's Day, Lexi and Jordyn kept encouraging me to make sure the leprechauns visited for Peyton. And when Peyton awoke, that was the first thing she thought of. In fact, she woke me up from a dead sleep in the middle of the night and asked to get in our bed. In the morning, she admitted that she actually got up in the middle of the night to see if the leprechauns had come!!! I could not believe it. When she told me this, I was in the shower, so I called to Tucker to come in the bathroom, and I asked him if the leprechauns had left green milk in the fridge for Peyton, wink wink. She was so thrilled with this!  Cute girl! I think we all love having someone around so sweet and young and believing. 

1 comment:

Jeannine and Neal said...

What a darling story. I love hearing about the adventures of your family and always wish I were closer!