Sunday, March 02, 2014

Santa Clara Dance Convention

Fist things first.  Our hotel in Santa Clara, the Hyatt Regency, was right across from the new and upcoming football stadium for the SF 49ers.  Tucker, of course, requested that our room be in view of it.  So even though the other dancers were on the 4th floor, we were up on the 10th so we could have that beautiful view! 



Anyway, this Dance Convention was a first for us.  It was three full days.  The girls not only danced in the competition, but they took 12 classes total from some of the most talented choreographers in the world.  It was both intense and awesome.

Here is Jordyn stretching before Applause!

Lexi, ready to go on stage!


Jordyn ready to go!

This convention was called NUVO.  The "juniors" were girls ages 11-12


It was so fun to have Shana, her mom and Maren drive down to see the girls do one of their dances!




I thought this was so sweet...Peyton Woods, Peyton's team sister, put this on Instagram.


All the girls after Applause won the High Gold award!




This is what the ballroom looked like where the girls spent hours doing their convention classes!  FULL of girls!


Kira with Jordyn and Lexi, quick snack break


The team early in the morning before classes.  I love these girls and I love their directors.



First day of convention was Valentines Day...so daddy brought the girls each roses.  He surprised me with Chocolate Covered Strawberries the night before from my favorite place, Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.  I am spoiled because he brings me those more than I deserve ;-)

No comments: