Sunday, March 09, 2014

Feeding the Missionaries

So today we had six missionaries over for dinner. SIX! I had to document this because it is SOOO Tucker. He signed up for the missionaries, because he's much more nice than I am in that way. I wasn't terribly excited when I found out all six missionaries wanted to come. We originally signed up for two missionaries, but because they had heard about his famous hamburgers with all the fixings, The other four asked to join. I also wasn't excited because it was the same day had to give a talk. Guess I'm kind of a Scrooge like that.

Tucker said he would gladly fix dinner. He doesn't ever make dinner, but when there is somebody to entertain, he suddenly loves to open a restaurant in our home. He literally did everything. I made sure the house was clean. But he went to the store and bought everything, cookedked everything, and even made homemade cookies! I had a stake meeting, so he even did almost all of the preparation by himself!

When he got out our four tier silver appetizer display and said he wanted to put chips in it, that's when it really clicked. He loves this. This isn't just feeding the missionaries, this is putting on a show. It's fun to him! And to be honest, the missionaries could not have been more excited.
We had hamburgers and hotdogs, and the toppings included cheese, actually five kinds of cheese, homemade chipotle mayonnaise, pickles, tomatoes, lettuce, grilled mushrooms, caramelized onions, avocado, and bell peppers, oh and don't forget the pineapple!
We also had two kinds of soda, three kinds of chips, and raspberry simply lemonade. Not to mention the homemade cookies, which included chocolate chip, as well as butterscotch/white chocolate chip.

It was quite the success! We even used our pewter cups and China from his grandma, instead of paper plates and cups like I would've chosen. It was fun to see him have that much fun with it. Maybe I should invite the missionaries over more often?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have to say this does warm my heart with a sister out on a mission- I can say I bet the missionaries loved you guys! and so do their families:)