Thursday, April 12, 2012

Preschool Graduation, Car Wreck, Bon Voyage Party, Haircuts, Snow Cones and a Peyton Make-over!

 

Peyton had pictures taken at preschool…which I completely forgot about!  I subbed that day, so I didn’t even take her to school.  I got her ready at like 7:00 am and Tucker took her to Lindy’s, who then dropped her off at school. Luckily it wasn’t a day that I let her do her own hair, so she at least looked put together.  So when I went to pick up the pictures a few weeks later, I had no idea what to expect.  When I opened them up and saw this graduation one…I laughed out loud!  So cute and so funny!  I definitely think a preschool “graduation” is pretty silly…but still love the picture!!

IMG_2060 IMG_2063 IMG_2064

 

The repairs on the Honda after the lady rear-ended me were nearly $3,000.  Luckily her insurance covered it quickly and the car was only in the shop for a week.  Now the bumpers look fresh and new!

IMG_2089

 

Brownie!  Our bunny who is now maybe 15 months old.  I love her…but bunnies are not low maintenance and sometimes get overwhelmed when I picture the responsibility for another 10 years.  She is very sweet though.

IMG_2092

 
A random picture of me and my side-kick.  And when I was in SF one weekend, Tucker needed a ride home from Fresno with the girls so Lindy and Mike squoze everyone in her van!  These cousins are so cute.

IMG_2096 IMG_2149

 

Peyton gave me a pedicure and a make-up job one morning.  How lucky am I?  Isn’t pink the perfect color on my eyelids?

IMG_2157 IMG_2162

 

Lexi had her Bon Voyage party where they kick off their trip around the world.  It’s a big deal in Mrs. Stone’s class.  Here are a few of the treasures that were on display for us to see.

IMG_2166

IMG_2168

IMG_2167  IMG_2170 IMG_2173 

 

 

During spring break, the girls and I actually had a free day so we went to lunch and then swung by to get their hair trimmed.  Jordyn decided she wanted a few inches more cut off, and wanted it below her shoulders.  She also asked for highlights like mine…so I thought that would be a fun little 10 year old birthday week thing to do and asked the girl to put like two foils of subtle blonde in front.  That turned into 2.5 hours!  And Jordyn ended up with shoulder length hair!  She was so mad at first and claimed she hated it.  But by the next morning…she decided she really liked it and has been happy with it since.  I think she cut around 6 inches off?

IMG_2291 IMG_2292 IMG_2293 IMG_2294 IMG_2295 IMG_2296 IMG_2297 IMG_2298 IMG_2299 IMG_2300 

 

In the spring and summer, we have an old fashioned ice cream truck that strolls around our neighborhood.  For whatever reason, we usually say no.  It’s always various things like…we don’t have cash, or they just had an ice cream earlier in the day…or I just don’t feel like spending more money.  But I had no reason the other day, so I said “sure, there is $5 in my wallet”.  They were SOOO excited.  When Peyton ran in, thrilled, with her flavorless snow cone, I realized she has never had a treat from the ice cream man before…so this was extra special to her!  Fun to see kids happy over something so little.

IMG_2304 IMG_2305

No comments: