Thursday, December 29, 2011

Signs, Signs, Everywhere There’s Signs!

Although I’ve been doing it for about two years, I “roped” my sister Lindy into my sign making business and we promoted it on Facebook for the Christmas season.  This resulted in around 140 orders in 6 weeks!  Needless to say, we were buuuussssy getting all the orders fulfilled in time for Christmas.  It was fun, challenging and hectic.  My house had sawdust and vinyl floating around non-stop.  I still don’t know how we got it all done, but we did and I’m trying to decide if I want to make another sign ever!

I really do love the creativity and challenge of the signs.  But I’m also feeling the pull between finishing my Master’s program and needing to focus on what that (and the future) entails.  Who knows where the road leads with this, but it’s been a fun ride and I’ve really learned a LOT in the process!  But for now, my vinyl cutter is sitting in the spare room cooling off :-), and I have no interest in touching it for at least another week!

 

DSC_0555 DSC_0557 DSC_0559

IMG_1105 IMG_1139 IMG_1142 IMG_1189 IMG_1317 IMG_1428 IMG_1496 IMG_1511 IMG_1534 IMG_1542 IMG_1545 In Our Home, We Do Lindy and Jamie square picture frame 2 copy square picture frame 3 Teacher Treats

3 comments:

britt said...

I beleive that endeavor you have taken on and how successful you have been with it. Way to go!

Janessa Couch said...

I love the no soliciting sign! That is awesome! Thank you for allowing me to be one of your many many recipients of the beautiful signs that you both make. I love mine and so does my Mom!

K Western said...

Wow! You are so creative. What a great job you've done.