Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Morning 2011

Christmas morning this year was on a Sunday – which added an interesting time element to the day.  We were excited that church was only going to be one hour…but it was still feeling like a challenge to enjoy our Christmas morning AND get to church by 10:00.  A challenge…and a blessing because we got an extra dose of the “real” meaning of Christmas with beautiful talks and music.

 

Our Christmas was a great mix of LOTS of blessings…but not overboard.  They seem to genuinely care about all of their things and have had fun playing with them. They also got a karaoke machine from Grandma, which has been a GREAT hit.  And I got a gift certificate for a facial from Lindy – which I can’t wait to use!

 

Anyway, the kids were all up around 7:30 and we headed out to the living room for our magical morning.

(the dresses all ready to go!)

DSC_0766 DSC_0767

DSC_0769DSC_0768  DSC_0770 DSC_0771

 

Santa brought our family a desktop computer – which is great since we’ve been sharing mom and dad’s laptops!

DSC_0773 DSC_0776 DSC_0777 DSC_0781 DSC_0782

Jordyn’s slip on Jazz shoes she’s been begging for!

DSC_0783 

 

Cute owl pillows from mom (I traded signs for these cute hand made pillows)

DSC_0787  DSC_0789

Peyton was confused when she opened an American Girl Doll outfit…until she opened the doll too!  This is her look-alike doll whom she named “Emmi”!  This is also a cheesy picture of me in the new hat Tucker got me.  It’s reversible!

DSC_0788DSC_0791 DSC_0792

Lexi got glasses for her AG doll!  And this is Jordyn opening the home-made annual gift of Jammies from Gam!!

DSC_0796 DSC_0800

Lexi is holding up the Pajama Pillow Gam made to hold those cute pajamas!   Tucker got me lots of Bath & Body Works!

DSC_0802 DSC_0995

Lately, my girls have had an interest in hot chocolte…and we’ve realized that we don’t have any mugs!  Strange!  So I got everyone their own.  And here is our Elfie on his last day with us.

DSC_0997 DSC_1001

Jordyn got me a candle from her “Santa’s Secret Shop” at school…and Lexi got me this diamond ring.  They know their mom!

DSC_1006 DSC_1014

 

Pey with “Emmi”. 

DSC_1017

 

This year, our girls were very interesting in electronics and of course mentioned iPod touches on their list of wants.  So we made a compromise…we spiced up their current MP3 players with new songs/videos and then bought them these AWESOME speakers (the white thing below) and new headphones that actually stay on their head… and this gave them a re-newed interest in their old MP3 players!  Jordyn got Tucker’s old iPod Classic – which is 60G so it holds A TON of photos, songs and movies…and she seems quite happy with this recycled gift!  I just felt that this was a great compromise and reminded them that we have iPhones and an iPad they can borrow for games…and don’t “need” their own.  I just really don’t want a family who is 100% buried in electronics if I can help it!

 

DSC_1019 DSC_1024

And here the girls are in Gam’s Jammies – so cute!  It’s amazing to me that she does this every year for all the grandchildren!  So much sewing and love!

DSC_1029

 

Peyton with her cousin gift from Emmi (her 15 year old cousin whom she is obsessed with).  She got a framed picture and a unicorn pillow pet!

photo_4[1] photo_5[1]

 

Oh – and somehow we were only 15 minutes late for church ;-)

1 comment:

britt said...

What a fun christmas. I just notice your house decor in the background of all your pictures and definitely need your creativity to spruce things up around my place. I have hardly put anything up since I took down christmas. I will need to be making some changes in my decor, for a few reasons...we need to talk!