Friday, December 16, 2011

My Girls

  Jordyn:

Finally got her own email.  Some of her friends have had one for a while, but , honestly, I just wasn’t ready to share my laptop that much and wanted to be sure she we were both ready to maintain rules around when, how often, etc.  But I found an email account for kids where they cannot receive any email from someone unless I have added them to her contact list (which means no junk, gross mail).  And I also have the option of receiving a copy of what is sent and received.  That may sound invasive, but I feel it’s my right to protect her, especially as she learns to manage this whole cyberworld independently. I told her it’s not that I want to be nosy or that I’m going to read every single thing…but for now, it’s to help keep her safe and I can also teach her things along the way.  I’ve also made a request:  I told her that emailing is writing practice and that I want her to use punctuation, correct spelling and NO text talk.  I may sound like a Nazi, but I seriously don’t want her to be subject to this grammar-lazy generation.  I’ve been quite impressed so far.  It may sound like I’ve taken all the fun out of it, but really she is having a blast!  She gets to check it once per day (unless that privilege is taken) and she emails Utah friends, Utah cousins, aunts, Grandparents, mom, dad, friends from school.  It’s really cute and I love to read what she says/thinks.  I’ve actually learned, even more, what a kind and caring person Jordyn is!  It’s like a peek into her mind, without the mother/daughter dynamic involved :-).  Jordyn also remains OBSESSED with tether ball and really is an amazing player.

 

Jordyn emailing

 

Jordyn was a HUGE help getting my Christmas cards done this year!

DSC02646 

 

 

Lexi:
Poor Lex and her eyes.  She is far sighted in one and near sighted in the other.  Plus we have recently learned (thanks to Mrs. Stone and her constant recommendation to see a different doctor in town that does a special test) that she has tracking issues.  Her eyes get tired so easy and it effects her reading and even her moods… because they are constantly working extra hard to stay aligned.  She needs a prism in one lens, and so she will wear a patch over Christmas break and then do the tracking test again and be prescribed new glasses.  I think that will help a lot.  She is such a happy girl usually, so when she has had more meltdowns lately…and I see her rubbing her eyes and just looking exhausted, I now understand that it is likely attributed to her eyes.  Other than that, she is the cart-wheel champion and she and her friends do handstands and cartwheels the entire recess.  She wants a ponytail daily so her hair won’t get in the way of her cartwheels!  I’m sure she’s got really clean hands when she gets home.

 

Lexi- writing her Thank You notes for her bday/baptism.  We are SLOWLY but surely getting them done.

DSC02649

 

I went with Lexi’s class to see the stage production of “Annie”.

13139735-9256-4A59-A4E2-D0ECC99F60F5

 

Peyton:

I am really serious when I say I am sad she goes to Kinder next year.  Not because she’s my last and I’ll be alone…because heaven knows I keep myself plenty busy.  But because she is SO entertaining.  She always has been a grown up in a little body and it just keeps getting better.  This morning as we were waking up (I say we because she makes her way into my bed most nights and I sleep half the night with her limbs in my back) she was stretching and she said (with much more enthusiasm than I could imagine having), “Mom, look!  Aren’t you happy you have a daughter that can bend her leg THIS much!”.  I look over and she is laying on her back with her leg bent at the knee in a very strange way.  It’s just those sorts of things ALL day long.  Random, funny and enthusiastic.  I hope we are in a “phase” but Peyton has about 9 boyfriends.  She is five.  I hope it goes away!

 

Peyton helping me paint my signs…

7C40C939-269F-498B-BD65-EE0E2F6437D6

 

Peyton was such a good helper with Kylee at our Harmony performances.  She loved being the “babysitter”.

9122F30F-D717-4E10-A69C-089B152B65BB

 

Pey had her preschool program.  Was excited, cried before getting on stage, calmed down once on stage and sang beautifully!  Cousins came to see it with us.

These are cell phone crappy pics because I got there and realized there was no battery in my camera.  Thank heavens I just got my Nikon fixed after MONTHS without it!!

3B0C9405-99DA-49D9-B236-9DF7400EFF58  A3ABD763-6980-4C21-9C90-1BE9C4AD6571

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the update. Savannah LOVES emailing with Jordyn. She tells me all about it. Now we need to Skype:)

britt said...

that was a fun update to read about all your girls. Peyton sounds like such a fireball! love it!! But I can imagine if she is anything like my Kaipo it is exhausting too!?!