Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Caroling

This year it was harder for me to feel the Magic of Christmas like I always hope to.  I think part of it was finishing the semester of school (for me) and end of year festivities (for the kids) PLUS the 140 sign orders Lindy and I fulfilled – it just felt so busy and FAST.  So when the mom of one of Lexi’s friends from school (Charlienne Emmerson) called to invite us to go caroling with a group…I had no good reason to say no and decided it would be a good thing for us to do.  I tend to be a home-body and would have preferred staying at home in the warmth and in my comfort zone. But I’ve learned that those are precisely the best times for me to push myself outside of that comfort zone- and it usually pays off.


So we met in a parking lot with a few other random families from Kingsburg – some we knew, some we didn’t (no one from church) and drove to various houses around town (some relatives of people, a principal, and then an Retirement Center) and sang for about an hour and a half.  The kids had a BLAST and it was so fun to bring people some Christmas cheer. 

 

photo_1[1]

No comments: