Sunday, December 04, 2011

Childhood-Corcoran Houses

Several months back, Jordyn and I were in Corcoran (abt 45 minutes from where we are now) for something and I decided to give her the “tour” of part of my childhood. 

From the time I was 10 years old until I left to college, we lived in Corcoran (1987-1998).  Actually, my family stayed for three years after that, so 11 years.  Corcoran was a small town, very close-knit community.  So many people who are still very important in my life stem back to Corcoran.  I rarely go there anymore, so I thought it would be fun to snap a picture of the three houses we lived in plus some other noteworthy places. 

 

_DSC2575 

 

This was actually our third house, on Patton Avenue.  I only lived here my senior year, but in some ways it’s the house I feel most connected to.  It was the biggest house of the three.

_DSC2576 

 

Here is our first chain fast-food restaurant in town.  McDonalds came to town like my Junior year?  Or senior?  It was a pretty big deal in that tiny, three stop-light town!

_DSC2578 

 

This is our first house there on Dairy Ave.  A TINY house across from Take 10, the convenience store my dad managed. 

_DSC2580 

 

The high school stadium.  Seemed much bigger back then.  It was brand new and constantly filled with lots of team spirit.  We had the best sports teams in Corcoran!

_DSC2582 

 

 

Here is Take 10 (with a facelift).  Not only did this begin the family business, but I was employed here at age 10!  Stocking the candy shelves for $50 per month!

_DSC2583 

 

Second house on Norboe Ave. We were in this house the longest.  Lots of memories here too.

_DSC2585 _DSC2586

 

Quick shot of the High School – or part of it.  Cheerleader, band, lots of clubs…I honestly had a good high school experience.  Or maybe, after 16 years, all the bad falls out of your head?

_DSC2588  _DSC2590

 

 

And here is John Muir, my Jr High.  Where I went from 6th grade to 8th.  I’m SO glad my kids aren’t going to Jr. High in 6th grade!!!

_DSC2591 _DSC2592

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So fun! I need to do that one day when I visit too. I have thought about that