Thursday, June 17, 2010

My Big Girl

It seems obvious to say that Jordyn is getting older. I mean, of course she is. But sometimes you notice it with your kids like all of the sudden.

I can tell she gets frustrated with me sometimes. I forget how capable she is and I try to keep her too young maybe? I am trying to work on individualizing her more and not just clump her in a group with her sisters ALL the time.

Lately, I've been letting her do some baking. I've had her make brownies a few times...all on her own with NO help from me except some verbal tips. She's done a GREAT job and I can tell she has felt so proud of herself. Tomorrow, she will help me make dinner for Lindy.

Last week, I had her come with me as I taught a Relief Society Enrichment Night (or whatever they are calling it these days) on "hair care". They asked me months ago to teach it. So I had Jordyn come help, as well as model for me. Lindy was even kind enough to come with her hair half-fixed and show them how she straightens her hair (at 38 weeks prego!). It was a fun night and I'm glad Jordyn got to share it with me!



c


Another fun thing that has been special is Jordyn has started to go to Activity Days (is that what its called? man, something's wrong with me!). In our church, when girls turn 8, they get to go with other girls ages 8-11 twice a month and do some sort of fun activity. Amanda Huff (far left) is her leader and she is VERY creative.


(Some of the girls that go with Jordyn)

I just hope I can be the Mom Jordyn needs. For some reason, I feel so intimidated by the job sometimes! I know I love her very much...and just hope I can keep up with her!

2 comments:

britt said...

I know how you are feeling. It is hard to let them have their independence cuz that does mean they are getting older!

K Western said...

This is so Ashlyn. I am realizing she is getting older. She is into all the crafty little things and wants to bake, and all by herself as well. She wants to be so grown up.