Saturday, June 12, 2010

Dance Recital Pictures - 2010

At The Dance Company, we have just one annual recital. But it is a HUGE deal. Tens of thousands of people come and the girls have worked for six solid months on their routines.

Jordyn and Lexi have been in the same Jazz class this year performing to "Boogie Shoes". They have LOVED Jazz this year. And Pey has taken a Tap/Ballet/Jazz for her age group, performing to "A You're Adorable". She's really loved it and sure knows how to shake her little hips! Natural attitude.

So we had pictures last Saturday. Which can be quite stressful for mommy. Jordyn and Lexi are old enough to be pretty predictable and compliant with the hair & make-up ordeal. But those words do not describe Peyton.

Of course she hated (in the strongest sense of the word) everything to do with her pigtails, her bows, her fluffy outfit and....probably just the fact that I needed her to comply. Screaming and running around like a maniac. Make-up running down her cheeks. (Lexi used to do the exact same thing).

But once we got there, I let her sweet teacher, Ms. Jessica, take over. And whattya know? Peyton totally obeyed. Usually works that way, huh? So we ended up getting cute pics. I just snuck a few with my camera.

Now I just have to do it two more times for dress rehearsal, and then the actual recital this weekend. Wish me luck!







2 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

Ah, I love the cute pictures! Your girls look like little stars.

britt said...

Cute costumes! And as much as I'd love another girl THIS makes me grateful for my 3 boys and 1 girl..
hahaha! it is hard enough for me to get one ready this past year with all her competitions, I can't imagine 2 more with the same thing. good luck!!!