Monday, January 25, 2010

So Long, LoveSac!


Sadly we had to say good-bye to our HUGE LoveSac yesterday.

Tucker has loved the concept of LoveSac since it's inception. Back in college, he was friends with the guy who started the company. We had one of the first LoveSacs back in 1999. It was pleather, and it was green and white. When we moved from Utah to CA, we didn't bring it with us. And Tucker was sad.

So almost four years ago, I was pregnant with Peyton and had the other two girls with me at Costco. Randomly there was a LoveSac on with a microsuede washable cover on clearance for $250 (now selling for nearly $700). My pregnant self bought it and somehow shoved it in the van (honestly, it is HUGE, I don't know how I did that) as a surprise for Tucker.

And ever since then, it has bugged me. I mean, I LOVE the concept. And the kids have totally loved it. But it just eats up any room in our house it we've tried it in. It takes up precious square footage in our shrinking home. So we finally made the decision to sell it on Craigslist.

So, when we broke the news to our girls that someone would be by to get the LoveSac from us, they were SO upset! Tears and pleads to keep it! We really reconsidered after seeing their reaction!

But when we told them the ($160) money could possibly go toward a Wii instead, that helped! They were so funny. When we told them how much they were giving us for it, they honestly thought we'd be RICH with that much money. LOL. I wish!

So long, LoveSac! Enjoy your new home!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

we actually love our wii- we have golf, bowling, ski jumping and balancing tournaments for FHE all the time.

Carlotta said...

Don't forget to look on overstock, we have Wii console gaming bundles, then Google coupons for our site to get discounts. :)

Tara said...

sounds like a good plan!
Can you tell me again how you started out, managing school and motherhood, how you got organized enough to get more than 3 hours of sleep, and how you managed to make sure all humans in the home had nutrition?
I don't start school till the fall, but I'm trying to figure out a game plan. :)
Eddie misses "PeyPey"

Tabitha said...

uhhggg... We have one huge one and 3 little ones invading our little basement. It's a love hate relationship...When I pile them up to vacuum our t.v room looks so big! But Brad also loves them and so do the kids. I would probably be perfectly fine getting rid of them.