Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Rest of Tucker's Birthday - A Surprise!

I'm lagging on a lot of things, blogging included. I've been running in several directions the past month....more on that later. I finally did a birthday surprise for Tucker. Something he LOVES. The last time I did a birthday surprise get-together, we were dating and I had all his friends meet at a restaurant. Now, ten years later, I finally did it again. Tucker loves celebrations, surprises and friends/family. So I invited several of our friends over (without kids) for some good food and the "Not-So-Newlywed Game" (one we sort of made up).

I had Mike McLeod take Tucker to Adventure Park for some race track rides and air hockey competitions while I put the finishing touches on the party and people arrived. They were so prompt, that Tucker and Mike showed up before 3/4 of our guests! Oh well, it didn't matter! He was surprised and we had a really fun night anyway.

I made his favorite pork tacos and of course the birthday cake (a triple layer, homemade chocolate frosting with one layer chocolate, one yellow cake and one marbled). I asked the guests to bring a side dish to share. I think there were around 18 people in attendance and after some mingling and eating, we started our game. It's always sure to bring lots of belly laughs and marital "what the hecks??". One of the favorite questions is "How many minutes per day (in a 24 hour period) does your husband spend going to the bathroom?". This one is so funny because the answers range from 5 minutes per day (Mike Scott because he shares one bathroom with his family of 7) to 120 minutes (my dad, according to my mom!). Oh my gosh, it is hilarious to see how different we see things from our spouses! Thanks to all who came and made it a success, and to Lindy for helping me in the orchestration of it all. Twas a crazy day, but fun!


Me & Tucker............................Lindy and Mike with Tucker


Mom and Dad (It was great to have them there!).....Jenn and Al (our neighbors)



Jamee and Matt Gibbs.......................................Jenn and Mike Scott



Tucker with Jim Huff (Amanda was home with sick kids) and Paul and Jonia Nelson


Keith and Rosa Lorang......and somehow we didn't get a picture of Lynn and Amir Navison!

6 comments:

Tara said...

Happy BD Tucker! Thinking of you guys!
*you both look FAB! Looking good through your 30's!
love & miss you!

britt said...

way to go Jme! Sounds like a great party. I like to try and pull of surprises for quinn. It doesn't always turn out that way, but it is fun trying. I like the game idea. You should pass along the game questions, sounds like a blast!

Beth said...

We are feeling very left out! I love your marriage game, and the laughs that come with it. Glad you had a fun b-day!

Eliza2006 said...

You are a nice wife. I can't even throw a friends party for my children!

Melvin and Carly said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun! Good for you for planning a surprise for Tucker. It was fun to see pics of all those people I remember!

Janessa Couch said...

FUN! I could never pull something off like that because I can't keep a secret from Mitchell that well. I would slip or something. That not so newleywed game sounds like a lot of fun.