Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Grandparents Day

Both Jordyn and Lexi had "Grandparents Day" at school in September. In our small town, this is a BIG deal. I always feel a little bad for those kids whose grandparents can't come...but there only seems to be a small handful per class!

My Dad was able to attend both days this year, which was very special for the girls. They were very sad my mom couldn't make it, but they understood that she was in Anaheim taking special care of Great Grandma after a hip fracture. Lexi learned special "grandma and grandpa" songs, and since my mom couldn't make it, Lexi wrote the entire song lyrics down and mailed it to her!



Jordyn's class had 80 grandparents come! Isn't that amazing for a class of 24? And check out the group shot....it shows her chalkboard! She's been teaching for nearly 30 years and 8 years ago when the school replaced all chalkboards with whiteboards, she refused! Old school! I love it.



No comments: