Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Happy 37th Tucker!

Today is Tucker's 37th Birthday! Since today is a crazy day, we had our little family celebration last night, including Tucker's favorite pizza (Corsaro's, Hawaiian), gifts and some Baskin Robbins ice cream cake! It was a fun evening! We played "Memory" as a family, which was great. It's quite a good game for the ages of 3-37 years old!

The girls think it is so fun to celebrate and make a big deal out of Daddy's birthday. I have a few other things planned for subsequent birthday celebrations in the next week, but none of them include the children, so this was their special night with Daddy!

One of the main gifts I gave Tucker were tickets to see one of his favorite comedians Dane Cook, who is coming to Fresno next week. I'm not big into comedians and often think they cross my personal line of crude humor, but I've watched Dane Cook on TV (per Tucker's request) a few times and found him funny. So I figured I could handle a date night for Tucker's sake. I arranged with Lindy and Mike to go with us, as well. So tonight he opened the tickets and was shocked when he saw four tickets and said "don't tell me your coming to this"!

Apparently, the things I've seen of Dane Cook are edited for TV, so we're pondering if it should be a guys night out instead. Seems like guys like crude humor more than most gals. Tucker had a great analogy, he said "this would be like, when I was little, my mom buying my dad tickets to Eddy Murphy". Which wouldn't have happened!



7 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

Happy birthday, Tucker!

Unknown said...

I am so laughing right now about Dane Cook- obviously you have only seen the edited version- but really thoughtful of you!

britt said...

happy bday tucker!
And yes I definitely agree that the humor guys think is funny isn't the same for us girls! I'll be curious to see what decision you make about that show :)
Have a fun bday week!!

Beth said...

Happy Birthday Tucker! Hope it was a fabulous day!

Janessa Couch said...

What a fun birthday gift.

Melvin and Carly said...

Happy birthday Tucker! And congrats on finishing the triathlon!

K Western said...

Happy birthday, Tucker!
I'm anxious to find out if you both go to the show. I agree, guys humor isn't really funny to most girls.