Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Blog is our Family Journal


Even though I'm sure we can entertain some of you from time to time with some of our blog entries, my number 1 reason for keeping up my blog is to document the little things of our life to keep as a family journal. I try to do my own personal journaling, but lots of this day-to-day type stuff doesn't make it into my own writings. Today I printed off all our blogs thus far (October 2005 to now) and put each page into plastic slip-covers and safely secured them into a binder. My goal is to do this every few months. And even though it hasn't been too long since our first few blog entries, it was already fun to look back at them! Imagine how fun it will be in a few years. I think it is so important to "document" our lives for our posterity. It is amazing how quickly the 'present' becomes 'history' - and is easily forgotten! I love to do this not only through journaling, but video, dvds and photos. Technology today sure makes this possible in all sorts of fun ways!

*by the way, it was a nice relief that Monday came and went w/o a hitch - I was 26 weeks 5 days, which is when Jordyn was born. Hooray! Each day after that point is a (uncomfortable but) cherished day!

2 comments:

Chris Grover said...

Congrats on passing 26 weeks, 5 days! From here on out, smooth sailing, right?! I too have really loved blogging for the opportunity for record-keeping. I like the idea of getting it printed and in a book of some sort, so I will have to do that too! Can't wait to see you!

Debbie said...

I totally agree with you that it's a great way to keep a family journal. That is one of the big reasons we do it. It's amazing how fast you forget things.