Saturday, August 05, 2006

Pismo Beach


Yesterday my really good friend Beth and I decided to take a day trip to Pismo Beach. It's around a 2 1/2 hour drive from where we live, but she'd never been there and it had been a while for me so we figured "why not?". So we packed up our four kids, plus the two in-utero (she's three weeks ahead of me) and spent a day at the beach. It was a lot of driving, but the weather was refreshing at 66 degrees and the kids had fun in the sand. We ate clam chowder bowls at Splash cafe (love that place) and enjoyed the ocean breeze. Despite running to the smelly public restrooms a million times for four children and two pregnant women, the day was a lot of fun!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh I miss Splash Cafe. We have not been able to find a good clam chowder bowl down here yet. Looks like you had a great time!

Chris Grover said...

Oh my gosh, I'm incredibly jealous right now! I miss the beach! And could you PLEASE just ship me some clam chowder in a bread bowl from Splash?! That is my favorite place at Pismo and I crave the chowder all the time! I even pulled up their website and considered having some frozen chowder shipped to me! I'm obsessed! Looks like you had a great day!

Unknown said...

You two look great- that belly has grown since I was there!