Friday, December 09, 2005

Change is Hard


For the past two years, I have served in my church calling as one of the counselors in the Young Women's organization (for girls 12-18). It was time consuming and challenging, especially initially. But over time I really grew to love these girls and love my service to them. I especially loved having a chance to be with my "little" sister Kristy (not so little at 16!). I was able to be with her (as well as my 14 year old brother Ryan since the boys and girls combine activities often) a lot more than I would have been otherwise. Serving in this capacity has meant that every Wednesday night for the past two years, I have been at the church with the youth...as well as on Sundays, and at Summer Camp, and a lot of youth dances, and....well, the list is endless.

Anyway, on to my point. I was "released" from this calling this past Sunday and asked to serve as a counselor in the Primary. I have bitter sweet feelings about this change. It will definitely be fun to be in the Primary organization with Jordyn, as she has reached the age to move from nursery to Primary. Our year revolves around the theme
I Will Trust in Heavenly Fatherand His Son, Jesus Christ, Their Promises Are Sure. I'm excited to learn more about how the Primary runs, but change is always hard!

1 comment:

Eliza2006 said...

The change will be good...no more Wednesday nights!!!! You can pick up some new TV shows...oh wait, you can record them on your handy machine. I need to get one of those!

Tiffany

Hope you are feeling better!