Tuesday, October 04, 2016

Preparing to Move and Sell Our House - Ohhhhh My! March/April 2016

Preparing to sell our home, after living in it for 12 years...was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much work.  I mean SO much.  It was exhausting to purge, but also to get the house into tip top shape.  Paint every spot, touch up all baseboards, scrub all cupboards, organize all closets, and THROW AWAY lots of stuff.  I wanted it to be in perfect condition, so it had the best chance of selling quickly.  I had a plan and I wanted it to work!  We officially decided to buy my parents' house in February, committed to spend March getting it ready, and my plan was to list it by April 15th, sell it by May 15th, and close by June 15th.  Aggressive!  But I was determined to do it when I was off work in the summer time!

These pics just show a tiny portion of the preparation process.





No comments: