Tuesday, February 07, 2006

My Cat is Driving Me Crazy


So today the girls and I ran to Home Depot. I LOVE this store, but today's trip wasn't as 'fun' for me. We went to buy an exacto knife and carpet adhesive. Why, you ask? Well, our 6 month old kitty thinks it's a fun past-time to claw UP our carpet at night while we're all asleep. That's right, claw UP...meaning an entire spot is BALD in the middle of my living room! Well, this was last week and I was so mad. So I cut out the spot and replaced it with a square from an extra piece in the garage. Looked semi-decent. But the next day I glance over to see Belle (the dog) chewing on the same new square of carpet! UGHHHHH. So, I will re-attempt to fix the problem today. I just have to wonder if things like this will get better as the cat gets older.

He's very cute and the kids love him so we're not giving up yet (and to that, Tucker would say to me "speak for yourself")

2 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

Call your vet and see if they have any suggestions. If it only happens at night, I would put the cat in a kennel in the garage at night.

Tiffany

Anonymous said...

You're much more patient than me!! Ryan would have definitely killed both of the animals.