Friday, February 17, 2006

More Creativity

Sometimes, the more upset I am, the calmer I react. It's sort of a coping mechanism for me. For example, when I'm in labor, I stay perfectly calm on the outside to try to balance the torment I feel inside. This should explain why I may appear calm in this post...because I feel really upset inside. On to my point....it finally happened. One of my children cut her precious hair. I was beginning to think maybe I'd never have to deal with that part of raising kids, but Lexi just now proved me wrong! Ugh. It's so sad. She cut it at the very top and she cut too much to make bangs (which I've purposefully NOT given her bangs before this). It sort of looks like a mullet now - long in the back, spiky and short up top. I wanted to scream, but I stayed really calm and assessed the damage. I'm going to have to get really creative to hide this one. Maybe this is just another way she shows her creativity, sort of like the drums, right? Unfortunately, I don't find this one as cute...

3 comments:

Chris Grover said...

Oh no, Jamie! I think you have a trend-setter in your family! She's gonna start a new hairstyle and all of her little friends will want haircuts just like hers! You are really calm -- sometimes all you can do is laugh, right?! Good thing hair grows back!

Anonymous said...

Girlfriend,
Keep thing in perspective. You wanted pictures of this time of Lexi's life...well, here's one for the books! It's only hair...it will grow back. Don't sweat it...what makes you think you deserved to miss out on this all-important female ritual??? Just clip a bow to the short part and highlight her handiwork!
... this great advice is from my "infinite wisdom files"... :-) Nancy

Eliza2006 said...

I LOVE this new hair cut! At least Lex has shown some interest in a future profession!

Tiffany