Saturday, August 23, 2014

Sign Time

Making signs is always a huge inner struggle for me. I love the creative part. I love the finished product. I love seeing people so happy with the result. I have really grown to love the designing process. But so often, it feels like that "thing" to eliminate from my life when I feel overly busy or chaotic. I constantly have to suppress conversations in my head, with myself, about whether I should stay and drink it or not. I try not to let myself make decisions when I am in the middle of a crazy day. But I also want to make sure my parities are straight, especially with the kids. I know my house will be cleaner if I did not make signs. I also know that I might have a little more spare time to spend with them. Today, I had a couple hours to myself, and I feel a little less guilty when no one is at home. That way I'm not making a mess or neglecting anyone. When I get those chances, I like to my recorded Oprah shows on the TV and listen to them while I work. It's actually therapeutic. Which is probably why I have not stopped making signs :-) 

Today, I thought I should document and give a sneak peek of what my home looks like when I am in sign making mode.











No comments: