Saturday, August 16, 2014

Returning Home!

After a long road trip, coming home always sounds so good. We had asked Jenn Hale to housesit for us. She had texted me the last day letting me know that our dogs had crawled under the fence and escaped a few times. This resulted in mud being brought in our house. Walking in the door at 9 o'clock at night and feeling the disgusting feeling under my feet on the tile did not make me feel happy. As I walked around the house I saw the mud dried on the couches, the pillows, and the beds. I wanted to drive my house through a car wash! This is how gross just one tile was, this dirty paper towel. So I spent the next hour cleaning my floor and throwing my pillows in the washer.

I was so relieved the next day we had a grooming appointment for the dogs! Rusty was caked with mud and needed to be practically shaved!


The night we were driving home, I texted my mom to tell her we were close because I knew she had been worried about our safety. This time of year brings back memories and feelings of Lindy moving and Ryan's accident. When she texted me back letting me know how incredibly sick she had been for about 24 hours, I was immediately concerned. She had gone to the InstaCare the day before for a staff infection in her thumb. So finding out the 24 hours later she was incredibly even more sick made all the red flags go up in my head and I immediately wanted to call 911. Long story short, she is doing a little better now after a few days in the hospital, I will do a separate blog post on the details. It was scary though, I will say that.

Jordyn was so nervous about getting her seventh grade booster shot. She psyched herself up for the most horrible experience. I told her it is so crazy how many immunizations she has had in her life, and literally does not remember one of them! Goes to show you it is definitely worse for the mom!

I love these kids, they play so well together! And the dogs are just as happy to be in the mix with them!

So, I officially got the job with Kings County office of education! It is a 50% position, which means I will be contracted to work 92 out of 180 for school days. It is strictly orientation and mobility, and I will be serving children in the entire county. So I will drive to different schools in the area that have visually impaired children. I have done most of the new hire orientation's and fingerprinting, and I still have some new hire paperwork to do next week before I officially start. I am excited and feel like this is the right move for me!

Since the McLeod's car needed some unexpected repairs, the cousins will have to say goodbye for the second time. That part is sad, but it is been fun to have another week together! My mom found the swimsuits at Walmart for seven dollars each!




 This picture of Kylee keeps making me laugh!

 The most fun part of the swimsuits is that the girls discovered they can blow them up into a flotation device!




I love this big ruler that Lindy made for a customer. I also love Kylee standing next to it holding Rylee!


I think these kids would be in heaven if they could always just live at grandma's house.

No comments: