Saturday, January 19, 2013

Dance Room!!

I am so thrilled this project has come to near-completion! The girls' main Christmas gift was transforming our front piano room into a dance studio. As I was thinking of what to get them, it all sounded like pointless junk just to give them more gifts. But the main thing they do is dance. They love to make up dances and always want to practice their team dances, but we really have no good space to do it.

I was determined to do it all ourselves. We've never layed flooring, but I figured it couldn't be THAT hard? Tucker is used to me roping him into my wild, spontaneous ideas. But I don't think he has the same drive for "jumping into" a project like I do. He's a good sport and only gets mad sometimes ;-) (like when the wood keeps popping apart over and over).

I used my jigsaw and acted like I was skilled with it. There are some portions that are definitely not professional details, but I'm already so thrilled with it. The other night the girls came home from dance and proceeded to dance more in the room showcasing for each other. I just feel this gives them so much more potential to improve! They love it.

I also displayed their dance pics on the wall from the past several years. It's so fun to look back at those pics, and hopefully inspires the girls even more.



























2 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

WOW!!!! Two of my daughters would be in heaven with a room like that. You both did a great job!

Jill said...

We are planning to do this with one of the rooms in the basement!!! I'm so excited to see you have already completed this project and may ask for info!! What kind of floor did you put down?

I love your idea of displaying their dance pictures, too. This is the perfect place to do that! I love the whole room!

We are just starting to finish the basement. Working on girl's rooms first, so when it's time to make the dance room, I'll check in with you! You are awesome!