Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Last Two Days in Utah

 

One of the things we love most about going to Utah – and what makes it worth all the effort – is that the whole family treats it like a mini-family reunion.  Everyone makes a point to get together as much as possible, which I think is so awesome.

Our last Saturday in Utah, we arranged for all the children to be babysat while the adults met at Texas Roadhouse for a nice lunch (the rolls there are to die for).  It was fun and probably the highlight was Greg telling the waitress secretly that it was James’ birthday.  So they brought this huge saddle over and made him sit in it while they sang!  I was laughing SO hard I could hardly breathe!  I loved that he went along with it, but his face was priceless when they walked up to him with an ice cream and he realized it was for HIM.  He will never, ever believe it was Greg…he is convinced it was Tucker that told!

couples dinner 2012

 

 

Then we gathered at Gam & Pa’s and we convinced Jeannine to let it be potluck style and have everyone contribute.  We even used paper plates.  Made it feel very casual – it was a fun get together.  I think my favorite part was Jordyn and Taylor did this funny skit-type thing where they did a charade of everyone in the family. I mean EVERY one, even CJ, Justin, Spencer and Walker… who weren’t there. In their skit, Maddie was on her cell phone, Mindy had a big smile, Greg had a crooked back, I bounced my hair, Neal slept…but I laughed the most when they said “Oprah” about Maren.  I couldn’t figure that one out until I asked.  They said it was because Maren is as dark as Oprah!  Ha ha ha ha ha!  Too funny.

Maxfield Family Pic 2012 copy  DSC_0027 (3)

 

My sister Carly was able to come by and see us a few times…and hang out with the HUGE crowd.  She is used to it since she’s been doing it for over 12 years now.  It was fun to see her!

CSC_0028

 

DSC_0022 (3)

 

DSC_0015 (2) DSC_0014 (2) DSC_0013 (2) DSC_0009 (2)

 

 

 

SUNDAY

Since Jeannine is the Stake RS President, she gets to travel to different wards constantly, and often has to speak.  She made the mistake of telling us what time and where she was speaking on this particular Sunday, so a HUGE row of us showed up (late, of course) to support her.  She said it was one of the only times she’s been nervous, with her family watching her. 

I loved that a lady asked me, after Sacrament meeting, if all the redhead children were mine.  And Peyton wasn’t even with us! (She had stayed at Emmi’s after their church and came into SLC later with them)

DSC_0689 DSC_0687

The kids are obessed with Gam’s picture books.  I remember that being a highlight of my visits to my Grandma’s house too – looking through all her photo albums.

DSC_0684 

Saturday night, Taylor and Hayley spent the night.  We invited Abby, but she wasn’t quite in the mood to leave home that night.  The girls entertained themselves all morning by doing upside down singing and talking.  Funny girls.

DSC_0007 (3) DSC_0006 (3)

No comments: