Saturday, November 05, 2011

Peyton’s 5th Birthday

I’m still in denial that my youngest is 5.  I mean, on one hand, it feels fun and freeing and like I’m definitely in a new phase of life.  So weird to thing that at one point, all of my kids were UNDER 5.  Now they are all over 5.  Strange.  In many ways it feels easier.  On the other hand, there is a strange sadness that comes knowing that I have left a phase of life that I will never return to.  Did I enjoy it enough?  Did I love my kids enough during those impressionable years?  Will I remember it? 

 

But on to Pey’s birthday.  So when I asked her what kind of party she wanted, all she said was: Pink.  She only cared that everything was pink.  No characters, no theme, no certain place.  Just pink.  Easy enough!  So I made her funny invitation.  I made her pink cupcakes.  And I reserved Me-N-Eds pizza party room.  Pretty simple, really.  But it was fun and just what it needed to be.

 

IMG_1109 IMG_1110

 

Kids made their own labels for their cupcakes and their cup.   Jordyn painted hearts on the kids’ faces.

DSC02417 DSC02418  DSC02420  DSC02423 DSC02427 DSC02428 DSC02430 DSC02432 DSC02433 DSC02440 DSC02441 DSC02442 DSC02443 DSC02444 DSC02445 DSC02448 DSC02449

 

Since her party was the day before her birthday, the next day ON her birthday I tool her and Ava to Fresno with me and we ate at Chili’s (her choice) and then went to Costco to pick out a birthday present with her money from Gam & Pa.  She picked out a cute little pink, kids’ digital camera.

 

Peyton: I hope you know how much you are loved.  You are a great mixture of sugar and spice.  Truth be told, I’m happy you are starting Kindergarten a little late because I get one more year to have you as my little sidekick.  I love you!

IMG_1123

No comments: