Saturday, November 05, 2011

Bathroom – Before & After

Our hall bathroom has bugged me for about 7 years now. I have tried not to dwell on it because I should just be thankful to have a roof over my head.  But the toilet hardly flushes because the builders put such cheap ones in, the caulking around the tub and toilet was growing mold under it, the sink had a crack in it and the linoleum just looked horrible.  So we finally fixed it!  I met a great handyman named Art and felt really good about him.  He was so workable with my changes and twists along the way.  I had a vision of what I wanted the end result to look like, but wasn’t sure how to get there.  For example, we picked out slate for the floor.  But then he explained to me how hard slate can be to lay evenly and how breakable it is.  This was AFTER we bought 150 sq feet of it and had it in our garage.  I questioned our decision a lot, but ended up going with it and we LOVE it.  We toyed around with laminate counter tops versus granite, and weather we should rip out the whole vanity and just but a new one, or paint the old one. 

We ended up getting a clearance piece of granite for $180

Painting the cabinet black and putting hardware on it

Framing the existing mirror with black molding

Installing a new sink, toilet and faucet. 

And we installed a medicine cabinet, which I’ve wanted for a long time. 

I can’t tell you how much I love it and how every time I walk by I breathe a sigh of relief.  I am so thankful we were able to do this little remodel, it’s almost like having a new home!

 

 

IMG_1188IMG_1187

IMG_1186   IMG_1206

No comments: