Saturday, November 05, 2011

Another Random Post

Pey’s first trip to Dr. Engstrom and she checked out just perfect!  Even as an avid thumb-sucker, her teeth are perfect!

 

IMG_1016 IMG_1019

 

 

I always talk about Mrs. Stone, but it is fairly unusual to have a teacher three years in a row.  So she is more like a part of our family now.  Anyway, she is so enthusiastic about everything and really teaches the kids to love & savor things by example.  Her birthday is no exception.  She was so excited to share her birthday with the kids and celebrate with them.  So Megan Wells and I brought in donuts that morning, and this big balloon and she opened some gifts.  I love this picture of her because it is SO her.

IMG_1085 IMG_1087 IMG_1092

 

 

Next, I got to spend a day with Beth!!  She had to come pick up Guillermina from our ward so she could move back in with them and so she spent an ENTIRE day with us!  It was only Lindsay and Clayton that got to come along, but it was a special treat to have her “pop in”.  Reminded me of the good ol’ days.

IMG_1090 IMG_1091  IMG_1093

 

 

Jordyn has a very sweet habit of leaving notes all over.  It’s an easy way for her to communicate.  She leaves them on mirrors, papers, white boards, magna-doodles.  I love it.

IMG_1113 IMG_1115

 

 

Another example of what I get to see when I’m subbing.  Lexi doing cartwheels with her friends at recess.  Pure joy :-)

IMG_1116 IMG_1117

 

 

Just had to capture a picture of my mom at Harmony.  This is typically how she sits, with Kylee and Peyton competing for her lap. 

IMG_1144

 

 

For the first time, I was able to sub Jordyn’s 4th grade class. I wondered if I would embarrass her…because that’s been happening more lately…but I think I made it out okay.  Man, I do have to say that I’m amazed at the amount and level of work they are doing in 4th grade!  To really see all that Jordyn does in a day is a good reminder for me of how stressful school has the potential of being.  It’s a lot to balance and I told her she is doing a really great job at balancing it all.  (The first picture is her disecting OWL POOP!)

IMG_1164 IMG_1193

No comments: