Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day With Katie

While in Utah, we got to spend a day with Katie and her family.  It was such a nice, relaxing hang-out type of day.  I really appreciate her devoting a whole day to us…to feeding us, making a yummy dinner and sharing her hubbie with mine so they could go play 18 holes.  The kids swam, we talked, the kids put on a show for us… and we finally went home near 10:00pm (Jordyn got to stay and have an overnighter with Savannah…she said they had fun “talking”…they are getting older!!)!  I was also so glad that her sisters Becca and Julie were there! 

I was trying to explain to my girls how I know each of the friends we visit…because I think it all gets tricky to remember.  And it hit me that Katie and I were only one year younger than Savannah and Jordyn when WE met 24 years ago!  How strange that is for it to come full circle like that.  So I love seeing our kids get to know each other…even if they only see each other like twice per year.

 

Thanks Katie! You are an amazing person…so giving, loving, a HUGE heart and a great example of unconditional love.  Love you my friend!!

 

_DSC2892 _DSC2894 _DSC2895   _DSC2898   _DSC2902 _DSC2905 _DSC2906 _DSC2907

 

_DSC2908 

IMG_0024

 

_DSC2909

 

 

 

Peyton was wiped out like 65% of our trip…poor kid!

_DSC2910

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was so fun! I only wish we could do it more often. Savannah really does want to skype with Jordyn so we have to get that worked out:)