Friday, April 22, 2011

Lexi’s Thoughts

The other night as I was getting the girls to bed and we were saying prayers, I reminded them to include the people of Japan in their prayers.  So that initiated a little conversation.


Then, after tucking her in, Lexi called me in her room and said (with a lot of concern): “Mom…if there was a tsunami in New York, or San Francisco or Paris…would the Statue of Liberty, the Golden Gate Bridge or the Eiffel Tower fall down?”.



I had to think about it for a minute.  And then I chuckled.

 

It was quite a deep question for a 7 year old! 

 

So we talked about it for a few minutes and the possibilities of disaster in each of those places.  I really need to thank Mrs. Stone for teaching her so thoroughly about those places in such a was that Lexi holds them very deep in her heart!

No comments: